My name is Ogden McGahan and I started Ogdenian.com back in the days when people accessed the internet via the phone lines. I was an avid poet doing open mics when one day someone asked me if I had a book of my prose poetry. I didn’t so I created one. Then someone asked me if I had a website to sell my book. I didn’t so I created one, hence Ogdenian.com was born. I sold my first copy to a person from Canada. All the while thinking, “Wow, a total stranger just purchased my book” and started thinking there is something about the internet that intrigues me. Meanwhile, a prose poetry forum I installed on my site started to take on a life of its own. All these poets communicating with each other and sharing ideas, making friends and creating prose. Others and I started messing with animation programs, the first being Macromedia Director. We then started sharing our animation work with each other because we could publish our work to the web. One day, a CEO from out west asked me if I could do animations for his company website and offered to pay me for the service. Then broadband connections and Macromedia Flash came out, my business took off with a rush. It was a new frontier and everyone wanted to be competitive in a market where almost anything could happen. It was an exciting time for all internet businesses.
I’ve been supplying web design and internet services since 1998. I have been told, “Ogden McGahan has an insightful intuitive perception in regards to the reality and essential workings of search engines and the world wide web.”
Some of my past accomplishments:
- Received a Computer Graphics Service Award: “Best of Endicott 2013“
- Recognized as one of the “Top Greater Binghamton’s Web-Design & Development Firms – 2012“
- Received a SourcingLine Leaders Matyrix: “Top Web Designer Award 2012“
- Recognized as one of the “Top Greater Binghamton’s Web-Design & Development Firms – 2011“
- Received a Computer Graphics Service Award: “Best of Endicott 2010“
- Received a Computer Graphics Service Award: “Best of Endicott 2009“
- Received a “Invision Graphics: Web Award” – 2008
- Received an “American Association of Webmasters: Gold Web Award” – 2007
- Received “World Wide Web Awards: Gold Web Award” – 2006
- Prose used for a German heavy metal band “Darkside” title song “Amber” – 2006
- Received the “Webmaster of the Year Award” – 2005
- Received a “Diamond Web Award” – 2003
- Owned a restaurant in Binghamton, New York – 2001
- Published prose poetry writer – 1997
- Owned a restaurant in Merrik, Long Island – 1990
- Bachelor of Science Degree for Music Theory and Composition – 1981
- Regents Diploma – 1976
- Arista Honor Society President – 1975 & 1976
Be it my love of music, literature, art, cooking, photography or the digital realm I have always found a way to share these gifts given to me at birth. I believe that you can’t be fully happy unless you’re exploring your God-given gifts to their limits and capacities.
Note: All the photography found on this website was photographed by Ogden McGahan.
It would please me greatly to hear your comments and suggestions.